Terms and Conditions
By participating in the auction, you agree to the following:
- Bidders can place their pre bids online, place absentee bids or bid during the live auction. To do any of these, you must register first. This can be done online this site or by fill up a form at the auction venue.
- Refundable Deposit. In order to preserve the integrity of the bidding process and to ensure that winning bidders will settle their winning amounts, payment of a refundable deposit is enforced for online bidders and absentee bids. The deposit maybe in the form of cash, check, Paypal, or a credit card hold. At the end of the auction, the deposit will either be returned to you or be offset against any winning bid amount. Within 3 days after the end of the auction, you must settle the winning amount of your bids. Failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of your deposit. Deposit amount is pegged at P10,000 or US$210.
- As Is. All lots auctioned are on an As Is where is basis. Some lots, especially the higher priced ones, will come with Certificates of Authenticity (COA). Other lots will not have COA’s, but have gone through a preliminary vetting process by consultations with experts in the field. However, we do not warrant or make representations as to resale value, the correctness in description of the physical condition, size, quality, provenance among others. Many of the information provided for each lot are those coming from the Consignor, and we have limited due diligence on the veracity of the information provided.
- Description of Condition. All statements regarding the description and condition of the lots by Dekada Collectibles (Dekada), whether on the catalogue or uttered verbally by any of its principals, are statements of opinion. Dekada exerts its best efforts in ensuring that all descriptions and statements are factual and accurate based on technical knowledge, consultations with experts, and scholarly research. However, it is up to the prospective bidder to evaluate these statements and do his own research.
- Inspection and Due Diligence. It is encouraged that bidders examine the lots first prior to bidding, either by physically examining the lots or by requesting for more photos. Prospective bidders should also be responsible for doing research on the items that they wish to bid on. Inspection of items may be done during the Preview from November 30, 10 am, up to the time of the auction.
- Our Role. Dekada is an Agent, going between the Buyer and the Consignor. Therefore, the contract of sale shall be solely between the Buyer and the Consignor
- Withdrawal of Lots. Dekada Auctions reserves the right to withdraw lots at any time prior to the start of bidding.
- Buyer’s Premium. You will be paying a buyer’s premium on top of your winning bid. The buyer’s premium is 15% of the total amount of all lots won.
- Bidding. All bids are final. We will not be responsible for errors in bidding. Dekada reserves the right to reject any bids. The highest bid declared by the auctioneer will be the winner.
- Online, telephone, mail and absentee bids. Auctions shall exert reasonable efforts to make the highest online bids as floor bids, and to render the telephone, mail and absente bids in a timely manner during the live auction. In cases where there are two or more highest bids, the first bidder who tendered the highest bid will be declared the winner. Dekada, shall not, however, be responsible for any missed bids due to any delays in communication, internet or mobile connections.
- Storage and Insurance. We reserve the right to charge storage fees for all lots that are not picked up within 15 days from the end of the auction. Dekada shall not be responsible for any damages incurred 15 days from the end of the auction, the period where insurance for the lots shall also lapse.